Most of our homes are designed to keep us warm, during the summer with the temperatures rising thinking of ways to keep your home cool may come in handy!
Here are a few simple tips,
- Cook more meals outside on the BBQ or use a slow cooker – the oven can cause the temperature to increase in your home, so by cooking meals outdoors during the summer when you can to help keep you cooler.
- Fill your home with purifying houseplants – As houseplants lose water during transpiration, they cool the air around them.
- White cotton sheets – cotton wicks away heat and moisture, white absorbs less heat.
- Replace lightbulbs with LED – This will also save you money on your electric bill.
- Unplug electronics when you are not using them or plug them into a power strip and turn it off – Computers and Televisions give off heat even when turned off.
- Trees in your garden can help with shade.
- Keep interior doors open to allow cool air to flow through your home.
- Close the blinds / curtains.
- Open windows at night, the cooler air will circulate all night allowing you to start fresh with a cool home in the morning.
We hope these tips help keep you cool this summer!