A guide to renting a property
At Robert Oulsnam and Company we know that demand for rental property is very high and that those looking to become tenants can struggle to find a property for them. Our Lettings Department can help potential tenants find the property they are looking for and will guide tenants through the legal and financial side of the letting. We have over 40 years’ experience helping tenants in the rented sector – we can keep your details on our database and whenever new properties become available that fit your desired criteria we will inform you and arrange viewings. Once you have found the right property our team will guide you through the application and tenancy agreement and sort out payments.
1. Browse the properties we have to let here, choose one or two of them and telephone us on 0121 445 7410 to arrange a viewing.
Should you require a guarantor please read the Guarantor Guidance Notes here.
Please contact us directly should you require a company application form.
2. In the application form is the affordability calculator which help you to see what rents you can afford or whether you will need a guarantor.
3. Once you have viewed if you would like to rent the property fill in the application form and let us have the non refundable application fee of £185. It is usually preferable to phone us with this and to check the property is still available. The application fee can be taken by telephone on a debit card. There may be an additional charge for a guarantor and 2nd or 3rd applicants.
4. Once we receive the completed application, we will first obtain the landlords approval and then we will send it to a referencing company.
Click here to see our tenancy agreement only without any conditions
5. Once we receive approval from the referencing company we will telephone you to agree a date to come to the office to start the tenancy. This must be within 4 weeks of applying for the tenancy.
6. On that date you will sign the Tenancy Agreement, pay the first months rent and a deposit of one and a half months rent. You will then be given the keys to your property and a copy of the signed tenancy agreement.
7. If you're living in a property managed by Oulsnam Lettings and you have a maintenance problem then please CLICK HERE to report the issue. Alternatively please contact 0121 445 7410 to speak with your property manager. If you have an emergency outside of our working hours then please CLICK HERE.