A RARE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE ONE OF BOURNVILLE'S MOST ICONIC ARTS AND CRAFTS RESIDENCES, 'THE BATH HOUSE' HAS BEEN LOVINGLY RENOVATED AND OFFERS A SUPERB FAMILY HOME. Finished to an exacting standard, the property is very well located in the heart of Bournville being ideally situated for sought after schools, transport links and the historic Village Green. AVAILABLE WITH NO UPWARD CHAIN. EP Rating D
'The Bath House' is extremely well located in the conservation area at the heart of Bournville and is just a short walk from the historic Village Green.
Founded in 1900 by George Cadbury, the very well thought of Bournville Village Trust Estate is renowned for its sought after schools to include Bournville Village Primary School and the nearby Kings Norton Girls' and Boys' Secondary Schools, delightful parks and other local amenities.
The University of Birmingham, Cadbury Works at Bournville and various local hospitals including the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Selly Oak and the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Northfield are all readily accessible with the nearby railway station in Bournville providing easy access to Birmingham City centre and beyond.
• A Beautifully Renovated Historic Family Home enjoying a Prime Location on the Bournville Village Trust Estate
• Boasting Versatile Accommodation with Four First Floor Bedrooms (with en-suite Shower Room to the Main Bedroom), and an option for a further Ground Floor Bedroom offered by the Family Room
• Superb Fully Fitted Kitchen with an array of Miele integrated applicances to include Dishwasher, Washing Machine, Tumble Dryer, Fridge/Freezer, Steam Oven, Microwave/Combination Oven and Conventional Oven
• Solid Wood Flooring throughout the spacious Hallway and Dining Room
• Comfortable and spacious Lounge with Open Fireplace
• The Family Room offers versatile accommodation suitable for home working, additional bedroom, gym etc.
• A range of built in wardrobes and shelving to the main bedroom and bedrooms three and four
• Timber framed leaded double glazing to the majority of windows combined with some single glazed feature windows retain the charm and character of the property
• The property is of signifcant historical interest being a former Victorian Bath House, the tradition of which has been maintained by the current owners with the provision of a stunning ground floor bathroom with freestanding roll-top bath, separate shower cubicle, twin wash basins and WC
• A commemorative stone plaque on the exterior wall of the Bath House (which can be seen in the black and white photograph showing the property in Victorian times) emphasises the Bath House's significance as integral to the community vision of Bournville Village
• The property benefits from gardens to three sides including a 'kitchen garden' to the rear with a magnificent wisteria growing along a pergola which represents George Cadbury's vision of a 'garden village' for his workers.
• Benefiting from off road driveway parking leading to a double garage with electronically operated door
• The property is a short walk from the historic Bournville Village Green
• A number of sought after schools can be found nearby to include Bournville Village Primary and Kings Norton Girls' and Boys' Secondary Schools
• Bournville Train Station and a number of bus routes provide excellent transport links
• Available with NO UPWARD CHAIN, viewing is highly recommended.
Tenure - the agent understands the property is freehold
Heating and Glazing- gas fired central heating (with underfloor heating to the family room and bathroom) and timber framed double glazing to the majority of windows, with some feature single glazed windows.
Management Charge - an Annual Management Charge of £93.67 (for 2020/21) is payable to Bournville Village Trust
Conservation Area - the property is in the Bournville Village Conservation Area full details of which can be found at www.bvt.org
Lounge 4.75m into bay x 4.65m
Dining Room 4.65m (inc built in storage) x3.9m
Kitchen (L-Shaped) 7.14m (max) 3.15m (min) x 4m (max) 2.26m (min)
Family Room 6.73m x 2.77m (22'1" x 9'1")
Ground Floor WC
Bathroom 3.12m x 2.29m (10'3" x 7'6")
Landing With access to loft space
Bedroom One 4.62m x 3.80m (15'2" x 12'6")
En-suite Shower Room 1.78m x 1.68m (5'10" x 5'6")
Bedroom Two 3.48m x 3.12m (11'5" x 10'3")
Bedroom Three 3.25m x 2.20m (10'8" x 7'3")
Bedroom Four 2.54m x 2.30m (8'4" x 7'7")
Gardens to Three Sides
Garage 6.20m x 4.72m (20'4" x 15'6")