OULSNAMS ARE PROUD TO PRESENT TO THE MARKET 'WHITBOURNE HOUSE' A SUPERB VICTORIAN FIVE BEDROOMED DETACHED RESIDENCE which has been sympathetically and lovingly restored by the current owners to provide a splendid family home with an array of original features complemented by exquisite improvements and presented to an exacting standard. Boasting three receptions rooms, breakfast kitchen, conservatory, three bathrooms, excellent off road parking and stunning gardens, viewing of this spectacular property is highly recommended. Available with NO UPWARD CHAIN. EP Rating C
Built in 1891, Whitbourne, named by the first owner after his village in Herefordshire, was home to James Crick-Burraston, his wife, their daughter and one servant. Mr Crick-Burraston was the first headmaster at Kings Norton Junior school and there is a plaque in his memory there and on the wall of St. Nicholas Church.
The property is located on Middleton Hall Road in Kings Norton, close to the shopping facilities and amenities of Cotteridge Village and to the boundary of Kings Norton and Bournville, the beautiful Birmingham suburb well-known for being the creation of George Cadbury, with whom the Village shares a long historic connection.
Whitbourne House is also ideally located for access to Stirchley Village which offers various amenities and shopping facilities to include a selection of bars, coffee shops and restaurants in this vibrant and continually changing popular suburb.
The Green at Kings Norton has been the site of St Nicolas' Church since Norman times. Set on either side of it are the award winning Tudor Merchant's House and the 17th century Old Grammar School. The Green is now a hive of activity with shops, businesses and a regular farmers market.
Kings Norton is highly accessible to Birmingham via road and rail links, and to Worcestershire, Warwickshire and beyond via the motorway network.
The property is a short walk from Kings Norton Train Station providing easy access to the City Centre with the journey time to New Street station currently around 20 minutes with an intervening station ideal for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and the University of Birmingham.
Local access to good schools is excellent both at primary and secondary levels, to include Kings Norton and Cotteridge primary schools, and Kings Norton Girls' and Boys' Secondary Schools.
* Superior freehold Victorian detached residence offering exceptional and flexible accommodation ideal for family life and for entertaining.
* The property is entered via an elegant reception hall with original stained glass windows encased in double glazing for protection and insulation, and original tiled flooring to the main body of the hallway, with replica tiling to the rear hallway
* The spacious reception accommodation comprises a morning room, study, sitting room and conservatory
* In the study and morning room the fireplaces have been opened up to their original shape and woodburners have been installed.
* The breakfast kitchen comprises an original long cupboard with an extensive range of additional units designed to replicate this feature
* The walk-in pantry is virtually untouched and looks much as it would have done in the
* In the conservatory you can see beneath the glass square the original rain water collector, which was once the only water supply to the house.
* Five bedrooms, with en-suite full bathroom to the main bedroom, full family bathroom with walk-in shower, and further shower room to the second floor
* Gas fired central heating with underfloor heating to the ground floor and radiators to first and second floors
* Fire ladders installed to second floor bedrooms with electric blinds to Velux windows
* Excellent driveway parking for several vehicles
* The delightful rear garden is divided into an eating terrace, with an imported 400 year old olive tree, a small ornamental area, lawn and a working vegetable and chicken patch. The greenhouse, the shed and the workshop/home office will be included in the sale, both of which have power to them. The pathed area was designed and implemented by the head gardener and gardening team at Broughton Castle in Oxfordshire.
* Very well located for sought after schools, transport links and amenities.
* Available with No Upward Chain
Tenure - The Agent understands the property is freehold
Heating and Glazing - Gas fired central heating and timber framed double glazing
Study 3.66m x 3.35m (12'0" x 11')
Sitting Room 4.85m x 3.66m (15'11" x 12'0")
Morning Room 4.27m x 3.66m (14'0" x 12'0")
Breakfast Kitchen 6.12m x 3.60m (20'1" x 11'10")
Pantry 2.40m x 2.30m (7'10" x 7'7")
Conservatory 4.45m x 2.90m (14'7" x 9'6") With Ground Floor WC, Boiler Cupboard and Utility Cupboard
Bedroom One 4.27m x 3.66m (14'0" x 12'0")
En-Suite Bathroom 3.05m plus wardrobes x 3.35m
Bedroom Two 3.66m x 3.56m (12'0" x 11'8")
Bedroom Three 4.04m x 3.66m (13'3" x 12'0")
Family Bathroom 3.00m x 2.40m (9'10" x 7'10")
Bedroom Four 5.10m x 3.66m (16'9" x 12'0") With part sloping ceiling
Bedroom Five 5.13m x 3.66m (16'10" x 12'0") With part sloping ceiling
Shower Room 1.88m x 1.80m (6'2" x 5'11") With part sloping ceiling
Front Garden With Driveway Parking