360 VIRTUAL TOUR AVAILABLE for this IMPRESSIVE, FREEHOLD, DETACHED, GENTLEMANS RESIDENCE of IMMENSE CHARM AND CHARACTER offering UNRIVALLED SEVEN BEDROOM accomodation with FOUR RECEPTION ROOMS, FOUR BATHROOMS and standing in grounds of approximately 3/4 OF AN ACRE. The property enjoys DELIGHTFUL VIEWS OVER NATURE RESERVE at the front. VIEWING HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. EP Rating D
The Mead occupies a prime location in Beaks Hill Road, Kings Norton enjoying wide frontage to Beaks Hill Road and delightful views over nature reserve at the front. The property forms part of a well established and sought after residential area where all necessary local amenities are available. The property is conveneint for access to various large organsiations including Cadbury's in Bournville, the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Northfield, the Queen Ellizabeth Hospital in Selly Oak and Birmingham University.
Kings Norton Railway Station provides access to the Midland and National Rail Network and the M42 provides access to the Midland and National Motorway Network.
* Superior, freehold, detached residence offering exceptional and flexible accommodation ideal for family life and for entertaining.
* The property is set in grounds of approximately 3/4 of an acre with deep foregarden and sweeping in-and-out driveway leading to double garage and the front entrance.
* The property is entered via an elegant reception hall but there is also a secondary hall approached via a second entrance with both having staircases to the first floor
* Reception accommodation comprises a spacious lounge with garden room off, elegant dining room, sitting room/music room and games room/gym
* The hub of the house is the spacious open plan breakfast kitchen/family room with fitted kitchen having one and a half bowl sink unit plus extensive range of kitchen fittings with work surfaces, five ring falcon gas range with stainless steel cooker hood over, integrated fridge and dishwasher and breakfast bar for four people
* Second kitchen/utility room and large boiler room
* Seven first floor bedrooms, three bathrooms and ensuite shower and toilet to the main bedroom
* Double garage with two electronically operated roller doors
* Delightful rear garden with wide paved terrace, lawns, well stocked flowerbeds and borders and further terrace
* Carpets where fitted are included in the sale and certain other items of fixtures and fittings may be available by separate negotiation with the vendors
* Built, we are advised, in 1917 'The Mead' is one of the finest properties in Kings Norton
Tenure - The property is freehold
Heating and Glazing - Gas fired central heating is provided by two central heating boilers located in the boiler room on the ground floor serving radiators throughout the property.
UPVC double glazed windows are installed to the main building externally.
Guests Cloakroom with toilet
Lounge (front) 6.93m plus wide bay x 4.57m into inlgenook
Garden Room (rear) 4.42m x 1.83m (14'6" x 6'0")
Dining Room (rear) 4.57m plus wide bay x 4.57m
Open Plan Breakfast Kitchen/Family Room 6.86m x 4.50m (22'6" x 14'9")
Music Room/Sitting Room (front) 6.17m plus bay x 4.42m
Gymnasium/Games Room 4.95m x 4.11m (16'3" x 13'6")
Utility/Kitchen Two 3.43m plus recess x 2.97m
Boiler Room 2.90m x 2.44m (9'6" x 8'0")
Bedroom One (rear) 4.57m x 4.57m (15' x 15')
Ensuite Shower Room with Toilet
Bedroom Two (rear) 4.57m x 4.27m (15' x 14'0")
Bedroom Three (front) 4.65m x 3.43m (15'3" x 11'3")
Bedroom Four (rear) 5.10m x 3.73m (16'9" x 12'3")
Bedroom Five (front) 4.80m x 3.73m (15'9" x 12'3")
Bedroom Six (front) 4.11m x 2.90m (13'6" x 9'6")
Bedroom Seven (rear) 3.28m x 3.05m (10'9" x 10'0")
Family Bathroom with Toilet
Second Bathroom with Toilet
Shower Room with Toilet
Deep Mainly Lawned Foregarden
Sweeping In-and-Out Gravel Driveway
Double Garage 6.10m x 5.33m (20'0" x 17'6")
Pedestrian Side Access
Southerly Facing Rear Garden