OCCUPYING A STUNNING COUNTRYSIDE LOCATION yet still conveniently placed for access to the City. A Tudor Style detached residence offering 3 reception rooms, four DOUBLE bedrooms set in extensive grounds with stabling & additional land available by separate negotiation
DIRECTIONS TO THE PROPERTY
If using Sat Nav, search B62 0HJ and head for the Black Horse Public House, Proceed down the country lane next to the pub car park for 0.4 miles before reaching the property.
Please note this country lane is unadopted and bumpy in parts and requires extra care if travelling in a low profile car. As you travel down the lane, you will pass a couple of properties and will then cross a small stream just before approaching Lower Illey Farm which is located on the right hand side.
Lower Illey Farm occupies a delightful rural position yet is still conveniently positioned with Birmingham City Centre less than 10 miles away and Halesowen which is readily accessible which offers a range of shopping facilities. The M5 Motorway network is nearby and rail services to Birmingham with onward connections, operate from Hagley and Stourbridge junction.
Lower Illey Farm was built approximately 6 years ago by Border Oak who are a firm that specialise in a high performance building system, SIPs (Structural Insulated Panels). The result is a building system that is said to be extremely strong, energy efficient and cost effective with the system being showcased on Grand Designs in 2002. Prospective buyers are encouraged to refer to the Border Oak website where further information is available about this type of construction, www.borderoak.co.uk.
The property is located on the Illey Way which runs from Waseley Hills Country Park through to Woodgate Valley Country Park which we believe is declared as an area of natural outstanding beauty. There are various public footpaths which, for the discerning rambler and the person who wishes to enjoy open countryside living offers many walks from the doorstep.
* Tudor Style Detached house set in open countryside but still conveniently placed for Motorway networks and the City Centre
* Solid Oak Entrance door which opens into the charming Reception Hall with Solid Oak dog leg staircase rising to the First Floor accommodation
* Ground Floor Toilet with close coupled toilet with dual flush and space saver wash hand basin
* Dual Aspect Sitting Room with deep inglenook with open fire facility and Gothic style double doors to the rear
* Separate Snug with inglenook and log burner
* Dining Room adjacent to the Breakfast Kitchen
* Breakfast Kitchen with wall and base Solid Oak units with granite work surfaces incorporating integrated 'Samsung' induction hob and electric oven, integrated Bosch refrigerator and freezer plus a Rayburn Aga. There is a stable door to the side and feature Gothic style double doors to the rear
* Gallery Landing with vaulted beamed ceiling
* FOUR DOUBLE BEDROOMS, Master with full En Suite Bathroom off
* Main House Bathroom with whirlpool bath, separate shower cubicle, sunken wash hand basin set in vanity unit and toilet
* Gardens which wrap around the main residence with far reaching views beyond
* Stabling and outbuilding
* Additional Land available by separate negotiation
The Agent understands the property is Freehold.
We are advised by the Seller that the following services are available as follows:
* Mains Electric
* Mains Water
* NO GAS
* Oiled fired heating which is provided via the Rayburn Aga serving the underfloor heating and hot water
* Sewerage- Non mains but provided by way of a water purification treatment process with further information available at the Agent's Office
Underfloor heating is provided to the property via the Rayburn Aga
All external windows are doubled glazed
A Burglar Alarm is installed
Smoke detectors & CO2 detectors are installed and wired in
Charming Reception Hall 4.52m including staircase x 3.33m
Ground Floor Toilet 1.73m x 1.00m (5'8" x 3'3")
Dual Aspect Sitting Room 7.92m x 4.47m (26' x 14'8")
Separate Snug (Rear) 4.52m maximum into inglenook & 3.53m minimum (3.53m) x 3.33m
Dining Room (Front) 4.27m x 3.20m (14'0" x 10'6")
Breakfast Kitchen (Side & Rear) 6.86m x 4.32m (22'6" x 14'2")
Gallery Landing 5.74m overall x 1.9m minimum to main area
Master Bedroom (Rear) 4.42m x 4.24m (14'6" x 13'11")
En-suite Full Bathroom (Rear) 4.55m maximum into recess & 3.58m minimum (3.58m) x 2.57m
Bedroom Two (Front) 4.47m x 3.76m (14'8" x 12'4")
Bedroom Three (Rear) 4.24m x 3.43m (13'11" x 11'3")
Bedroom Four (Front) 4.24m x 3.60m (13'11" x 11'10")
Main House Bathroom (Side) 3.02m x 2.34m (9'11" x 7'8")
Gardens which wrap around the Main Residence
Ample Parking Facilities