Managing your rental property
We have been managing properties since 1971with landlords relying on our professionalism and knowledge to maintain and administer their rental property for them. We are members of both the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) and operate the highest standards of property management. We can carry out everything form marketing, rental assessments, viewings, inventory composition, payment and bank transfers, quarterly visits, and maintenance of the rental property. We offer Gold, Silver, or Bronze property management services which provide different levels of custodianship. We also operate a Plus Service that provides rental legal cover and insurance in the event of a tenant defaulting on payments.
Robert Oulsnam and Company was established in 1971 and from the very beginning specialised in the management of flats and houses.
Managing property once let requires a great deal of skill and expertise and at Robert Oulsnam and Company we know we can provide that.
We are members of ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents) and RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) as well as SOS (Surveyors Ombudsman Service) and are required to provide a service of only the highest standard.
Can be added to each of our Gold, Silver and Bronze Services and provides rent and legal protection.*
This provides a more reduced service excluding the maintenance of the property but covering all other relevant areas.
We will let the property and provide all services up to handover but the client deals with the management of the property.
With all our services we also offer our PLUS SERVICE which we have sought out for you to ensure you and your property are adequately protected.
The Plus Service includes Rent & Legal Insurance and is designed to safeguard your rental income against all manner of unexpected expenses and legal costs at a very reasonable price.
Your prospective tenants will be fully assessed and, if deemed suitable, and you have opted to take the Plus Service you will be added to the Robert Oulsnam & Company Rent & Legal Insurance Group Policy.
This policy provides you with protection in the event that your tenant should default on their rent together with additional legal cover.
A tenant may default on their rental payments for a number of reasons e.g. Unemployment, relationship breakdown or even illness. This insurance cover is designed to minimise the effect on your rental income should the unexpected happen.
This is a market leading product designed to give you peace of mind. It is a 12 month policy covering rents up to £2,500 per calendar month with a maximum of £10,000 in any one claim.
Benefits include *:-
- Cover is per property NOT per tenant for a 12 month period.
- Indemnity for rent owned by the tenant up to 11 monthly payments or vacant possession, whichever occurs first.
- Covers rent up to £2,500 per calendar month to a maximum of £10,000 per claim.
- Legal Expenses cover is provided through our providers own team of lawyers.
- Legal expenses for disputes with contractors instructed by you to repair or maintain the property.
- Cover to represent you in any enquires made by the Inland Revenue.
- Cover to represent you in any enquires made by Customs & Excise regarding VAT.
- Expenses and Loss of Earnings for court appearances regarding possessions order.
- Rental assessment
- Provide Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) which is paid for separately in advance by the landlord.
- Explain health and safety regulations
- Prepare and circulate details of the property
- Newspaper advertising
- Photo prepared for marketing
- Provide “To Let Board”
- Arrange and carry out accompanied viewings
- Tenant application forms processed and forwarded to referencing agency
- Prepare tenancy agreement
- Collect a security deposit and first months rental
- Independent inventory carried out at landlords expense
- Notify utility companies of new tenant
- Includes all bronze services plus
- Rental collection and monthly statement
- Includes all bronze and silver services plus
- Quarterly visits
- Serve relevant notices on landlords behalf when required
- Arrange to book tenant out of property
- Deposit mediation
- Landlords gas safety certificate for the first twelve months
- Maintenance managed
- All your properties are let on Assured Shorthold Tenancies
- We hold tenants deposits and are part of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- We advise all landlords to have inventories done by us at the beginning and end of each tenancy
- We are also able to provide Buildings and Contents Insurance
There is also the added peace of mind that this product is underwritten by ARAG Legal Services.
* For full details refer to the Policy Summary and Policy Wording that can be obtained from Robert Oulsnam & Company. Full details of our service are contained within our Terms of Business Agreement
Robert Oulsnam & Co is authorised and regulated by RICS.
For further details and prices of this product please contact the lettings team.