What makes Birmingham such a great place to invest?
With property prices rising faster in the West Midlands than any other part of the country, it is a perfect time for investors to look at properties in the region, but what other factors can investors capitalise on? Here are our top ten reason to buy in and around Birmingham.
1) As an investor, there are plenty of opportunities for high returns in the region as the price of property is still relatively affordable. High yields often top the investor wish list and there is plenty of value in the current market.
2) The city itself offers fantastic work opportunities, with large banking firms and manufacturing plants all based in the region. The breadth of opportunities attracts many to move to the area – increasing the number of prospective tenants.
3) Birmingham is Europe’s youngest city – with under 25’s accounting for nearly 40% of its population making the rental market hugely important here.
4) If you are considering HMO properties – Birmingham has five universities with a student population in excess of 72,000. Due to the level of foreign students from higher income families, the appetite for high quality student accommodation is high.
5) Its central location and network of transport links continue to make it easily accessible by road, train and air. Further infrastructure investments, promised in the 2017 budget will ensure that transport links remain a priority.
6) Supply and demand for housing in and around the city is out of balance, with demand far outstripping supply, meaning buy to let property performs well here.
7) Birmingham’s Big city plan will see £8 billion invested in regeneration and infrastructure. The re-development of Birmingham new street attracted further investment from the likes of John Lewis.
8) Birmingham attracts more foreign direct investment than any other UK region.
9) Its economy has rocketed since 2009, with a growth rate of 16.3%. Its strong economy provides stability for the region.
10) The PWC Report shows Birmingham to be one of the top five investment prospects within the UK and sixth best in Europe.
Robert Oulsnam and Company compile a weekly guide to investment properties in the area. Visit:
https://www.oulsnam.net/investors-properties to view or call 0121 445 7410 to speak with one of the team.