HOW TO SAVE £2000 WHEN LETTING YOUR PROPERTY
According to a new survey by Endsleigh, a landlord can save on average £1910 a year by using a letting agent.
Surprisingly 53% of the 500 landlords surveyed confirmed they choose to let their properties themselves without an agent and that the main reason for this was money.
The survey proves the point there is a misunderstanding about the value an agent can bring in letting and managing properties for landlords.
The study found it would actually be cheaper to let an agent do all the work for them rather than managing the property themselves- this is down to the agent doing the following:
- Minimising void periods by proactive marketing on big website portals such as Rightmove and Zoopla
- Performing accurate referencing on tenants to make sure they will be good tenants and pay the rent
- Eliminate any unnecessary fines associated with lack of compliance to lettings legislation
- Being available to conduct viewings at flexible times to suit applicants
- Putting time into sourcing quotes with reputable contractors to keep the property well maintained.
These are to name just a few reasons…
76% of those who completed the survey felt that their agent helped them find the right tenant and was proactive about it. As well as this it was important that the agent could help with financial and legal matters to save the landlord time and money.
50% of those landlords who used an agent said the reason they those the agents they did was because of their local knowledge and that customer service was a high priority.
To find out how Oulsnam Lettings can save you money by letting your property then please contact us on 0121 445 7410 or email Lettings@oulsnamlettimgs.net.